1. If you are a new user, please register to get an Indico account through https://login.ihep.ac.cn/registIndico.jsp. Any questions, please email us at helpdesk@ihep.ac.cn or call 88236855.
2. The name of any uploaded file should be in English or plus numbers, not containing any Chinese or special characters.
3. If you need to create a conference in the "Conferences, Workshops and Events" zone, please email us at helpdesk@ihep.ac.cn.
9-10 November 2017
Asia/Shanghai timezone

The Circular Electron-Positron Collider (CEPC) is proposed to be built in China with the energy at the Z pole and 240 ~ 250 GeV. It is expected to produce not only one million Higgs bosons but also ten billion Z bosons, and thus an ideal machine to study electroweak and flavor physics. It might lead to qualitatively new ways of searching for physics beyond the Standard Model, e.g., disclosing mysteries behind the so-called flavor anomalies such as lepton universality violation. We theorefore orginize the workshop "EW and Flavor Physics @ CEPC" from November 9th to November 10th at IHEP, Beijing, bringing together experts to discuss relevent topics. There will be a session for discussion of the CEPC CDR.

There will be no registration fee. Lunches and coffee breaks will be provided. Some supports on the travelling and local expenses could be provided, depending on the limitation of the budget. If you need some supports, please contact with the organisors.

For foreign participants

Most foreign visitors (for Singapore, Brunei and Japan, please see more details below) need a visa to enter China. As far as we know, applying for a tourist visa (L-visa) is probably the easiest. Please let us know your visiting dates, and we will send you the confirmation of the accommodation. 

At the same time, there are rare occasions on which a tourist visa application is denied. If you need a business visa (F visa), please send the following information to Ms. Lei Dang (dangl@ihep.ac.cn) at least one month before your visit. CFHEP will provide you the invitation letter and visa letter supporting your visa application. It will take about 20 days to get a visa letter after we receive your information. 

  • Name on the passport: 
  • Passport Number and its expiration date: 
  • Gender: 
  • Citizenship: 
  • Date of birth: 
  • Profession and title:
  • Stay Period: 
  • The Name and Address of your institution/university: 
  • Which Chinese Embassy you plan to get your visa(s) (name of the city and country): 
  • Have you ever visited China with a F visa: Yes or No? (Please send us the scanned copy of your F visa page. There is a new rule for visa letter application at CAS, the visitor who have visited China with a F-visa could apply for a multiple entry F visa letter, or only the application for one-entry visa letter could be issued or by CAS. )

The process of visa application may take some time, depending on the particular type of visa you apply for. Please consult a Chinese consulate near you for detailed information. 

CFHEP does not provide health insurance. If you need such service, please check with the travel advisors in your country.

For citizens of Singapore, Brunei and Japan

A citizen of Singapore, Brunei or Japan with an ordinary passport is exempted from a VISA if he/she visits China's mainland for tourism purpose, business, or meeting and stays for no more than 15 days.



The most convenient way to IHEP from the PEK airport is to take a taxi, which costs about 150 RMB. In case that the taxi driver dosen't speak English, you can show the following sentense:


For more detail and other options, please visit the website of CFHEP: 


Starts Nov 9, 2017 08:00
Ends Nov 10, 2017 20:00
319, Theory Division (Library Building)
19B Yuquan Road, Beijing 100049
Local committee: Prof. Lu, Cai-Dian, lucd@ihep.ac.cn Dr. Qin, Qin, qin.qin@uni-siegen.de Dr. Yu, Fu-Sheng, yufsh@lzu.edu.cn