2. The name of any uploaded file should be in English or plus numbers, not containing any Chinese or special characters.
3. If you need to create a conference in the "Conferences, Workshops and Events" zone, please email us at email@example.com.
The International Summer school on TeV Experimental Physics (iSTEP) will introduce the physics programs at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and future high energy experiments. Lectures will cover theoretical background, physics motivation, experimental setup/methods, and the latest results on various particle physics topics, including the Standard Model, Higgs Physics, SUSY, and exotic New Physics searches. As a summer school aiming at experimentalists, hands-on tutorials will be provided. We also strongly encourage conversations and discussion between students and lecturers.
iSTEP is aimed to guide the first steps of the beginners at particle physics, such as senior undergraduate or young graduate students, the covered topics are:
- Standard Model
- Beyond Standard Model Theory
- Event Generator
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Future of TeV Physics
- Accelerator Physics
- Detector and Event Reconstruction Overview
- Statistics Methods in Particle Physics
- Higgs Physics Experiments
- Standard Model Precision Measurements at Collider Experiments
- BSM searches: SUSY, Exotics and other New Physics at collider Experiments
The 2nd iSTEP indico
The registration fee for each student is 1000 RMB (Cash only). For non-student participant, the fee is 2000 RMB (Cash only) which will cover the cost of shared room accommodation and meals. For those who need finacial support, please consider applying for the iSTEP Fellowships. We will cover the registration fee and reimburse up to 1000 RMB traveling cost for each fellowship winner. The total number of fellowships is limited to 10. To apply for the school and/or fellowship, please send a Curriculum Vitae, Personal Statement and a reference letter to the contact persons at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st, May 2016. The reference letter should be sent by the referee, not the students.
The Deadline for the registration is 15th June 2016, The total number of participants (exclude lecturers) is limited to 60.
Please note that "registration" itself does not mean the admission into the summer school, every applicant should expect to receive a written confirmation from the organizing committee about their admission status by June 31st.