2. The name of any uploaded file should be in English or plus numbers, not containing any Chinese or special characters.
3. If you need to create a conference in the "Conferences, Workshops and Events" zone, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Development and Performance of a 3D Imaging Calorimeter of DAMPE
- Yunlong ZHANG
- Yunlong ZHANG (University of Science and Technology of China)
- 志永 张 (中国科学技术大学)
- Mr. Yifeng WEI (USTC)
- Guangshun HUANG (University of Science and Technology of China)
- Dr. 常青 封 (University of Science and Technology of China)
- Mr. Hu YIMING (Purple Mountain Obversatory,Chinese Academy of Science)
- Dr. Jianhua GUO (Purple Mountain Observatory, CAS, China)
- Prof. Shubin LIU (University of Science & Technology of China)
The Dark Matter Particle Explorer (DAMPE) satellite has been operating in space for more than one year, and considerable science data have already been obtained. The BGO Electromagnetic Calorimeter (BGO ECAL) of the DAMPE is a total absorption calorimeter that allows for a precise three-dimensional imaging of the shower shape. It provides a good energy resolution (<1%@200GeV) and high electron/hadron discrimination (>105). An Engineering qualified model was built and tested using the cosmic rays and high energy beams with energy ranging from 1 GeV to 250GeV. The status of BGO calorimeter in space will also be presented.