1. IE browser is NOT supported anymore. Please use Chrome, Firefox or Edge instead.
2. If you are a new user, please register to get an IHEP SSO account through https://login.ihep.ac.cn/registlight.jsp Any questions, please email us at helpdesk@ihep.ac.cn or call 88236855.
3. If you need to create a conference in the "Conferences, Workshops and Events" zone, please email us at helpdesk@ihep.ac.cn.
4. The max file size allowed for upload is 100 Mb.
Sep 16 – 21, 2018
Asia/Shanghai timezone
Online Registration Deadline:August 17, 2018

Visa to China

VISA Information

To visit China, most non-Chinese citizens need a visa in addition to a valid passport. For more detailed visa information, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in China: http://cs.mfa.gov.cn/wgrlh/lhqz/lhqzjjs/

If you are invited to visit IHEP, please follow these instructions to get a valid visa.

1. First, be sure your passport is current and valid for at least 6 months after your planned visit.

2. Know which category of Chinese visa you need.

There are numerous types of visa available to non-Chinese residents when visiting China. You will need to apply for the correct type of visa, depending on the purpose of your travel to China. For the different visa categories, please visit http://cs.mfa.gov.cn/wgrlh/lhqz/lhqzjjs/t1095035.shtml

For short-term visitors to IHEP, we recommend that you apply for “F” (business) or “L” (tourist) type visas. The easiest way is to apply for a tourist visa.

3. Applying for a “L” (tourist) category visa

You can apply for a Chinese tourist visa without any special documentation from IHEP. Such visas are issued to foreigners for sightseeing, visiting relatives or other personal affairs, and are marked “L”.

L visas allow short stays, usually 30 days and no more than 90 days, and cannot be extended upon expiry. Some countries have reciprocal visa arrangements with China which allow multiple entries over more than one year.

To apply for an L visa, you can either go in person to a Chinese embassy, consulate or other diplomatic mission which handles visa applications, or can entrust a travel agency or visa agency to act on your behalf. Postal applications are often not accepted. Please check the website for your nearest Chinese embassy or consulate to check opening hours, the availability of postal or expedited services, and whether or not you need an appointment.

4. Applying for an “F” (business) category visa

For short-term visits to IHEP, you may also apply for an “F” category visa (business visa). For this, you will need an official visa notification form (also known as a “visa application letter”).

To get this, please fill in your personal information (as listed below) when registering(included in the registration form) or send the information to Linac18@ihep.ac.cn. We will contact our Foreign Affairs Office to apply for a visa application letter for you.

The information should include:

Full name as it appears in your passport:



Date of Birth(DD/MM/YYYY):

Passport Number:

Passport Validity (DD/MM/YYYY):



Arrival Date:

Departure Date:

City Name (The city should be in the country where you are currently staying, and in this city there is a Chinese embassy or consulate):

Research Field:

Detail Weekly Schedule in China:

Accommodation booked:

An official visa invitation letter issued and stamped by the Foreign Affairs Office of IHEP requires at least 5 working days to process. Applicants should initiate the process as early in their travel plans as possible.

5.Submitting visa application materials at your local Chinese consulate or embassy

Please note that different countries or cities may require different visa application materials. Please visit the website of the local Chinese consulate or embassy to check exactly which materials are necessary before making your application.

You must allow adequate time (at least 1.5 months) for the whole visa application process.

Please note that it is your responsibility to obtain an appropriate visa on time.